Saturday, March 18, 2006

1 POINT MOCHA SMOOTHIE



I use xanthan gum to give the smoothie a thicker body, to make it more like the texture ice cream would give. I get 2 cups of this (which reminds me of an icecream malt) instead of 2 points like for 1/2 C sf ff iceceam.

I have a MAGIC MULLET BLENDER (Love it!!!). In a mug with handle add the following:
3/4 C water
4-5 ice cubes
2 Tbsp sugar free hazelnut coffee syrup flavoring
1 Tbsp instant coffee
1 Tbsp dark cocoa powder
1/4 tsp KAL brand stevia extract powder (*** brand is important)
1/2 tsp authentic foods xanthan gum
Soy protein powder = 60 calories (I like Geni-soy brand)
Whiz together until cup is full, mix is thick, and there are no ice cube chunks left
Remove mixer blade (rinse it and allow to dry. Top cup with colored rim. ENJOY!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi, I just made this smoothie using my brand-new blender!! One word: gorgeous!!!!

I went out and bought xanthan gum especially, and I am so glad that I did- I love the texture!!

note: I missed out the hazelnut syrup and protein powder, and used powdered sugar instead of stevia.

I'm definitly gonna play around with other ingredients!!

LOVE your blog, by the way- i read it every day. My younger brother has a lot of serious allergies(in fact, there's not much that he's NOT allergic too even slightly!), so I'm always interested in that aspect of your life, too.

Dori said...

Thanks for letting me know this raddish. I'm glad you enjoyed it!